Friday 23 December 2011

Warli with Gurjari

Being a handicraft lover, I keep visiting such places. While visiting such place some days ago, I came across some Gurjari paintings which has mirrors to brighten up its look.Such gurjari paintings always attracted me, as it has a colorful appearance. This made me think why not do such things with warli.

This painting is done on a light orange color fabric with its contrast colors such as dark brown, green and bright yellow on top of it. Center of painting cover Tarpa dance theme. I have used mirrors to highlighten the drum of Tarparkar (person playing with drum) and flags/ sticks carried by boarder warlis. I have used acrylic colors in it.
Dimensions: 42cm H x 28 cm W

2 comments:

  1. Love what you've done here.. very pretty!! The colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patricia for all the love on my paintings..:)

    ReplyDelete