Thursday 6 April 2017

Protection Warli Buddha

Hello Friends,
This post is the continuation of my last tea coasters series. This one was done for one of the custom order. This tea coaster is having Warli Buddha in Protection posture. So instead of using so many words and keeping you guys on hold, I am going to take you to the picture of it (smiley~~~).


I have used acrylics on wooden tea coaster. I want to further explore about protection medium for the same i.e one more additional coat above acrylic. If anyone has any pointers, then please suggest me :).

I would like to explain in few words about Protection Buddha here. This depiction of a seated Buddha with the right hand raised and facing outwards has two meanings. The first is the raised right hand symbolically represents a shield. The second meaning, overcoming fear, one who is receiving protection would be fearless. The main features of this pose, aside from the raised right hand, is that the left hand is with palm up in the lap. This posture signifies courage and offers protection from fear, delusion and anger. 

So please write me about your opinions/any suggestions on my modern Warli Buddha in Protection posture. Now some more are going to come in next posts.

Linking it to Paint Party Friday
Thanks to Eva and Kristen for hosting.

Also linking it to ABC Wednesday.






14 comments:

  1. beautiful series of coasters, and I so appreciate your explanations of the symbolism too. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very lovely Aparna and the meaning of Buddha's posturing is very interesting This is a wonderful and significant tea coaster.
    I am sorry that I cannot help you about protecting this lovely art piece but I only paint on canvas and paper.

    Happy PPF~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for explaining about the Protection Buddha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Appu re :-)
    and surely you should use some protective coating to protect your creative work from abrasion (when the coasters are put in use).

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you are that creative and make beautiful coasters. I sometimes see some who I like very much but they are so expensive.

    Have a nice ABC-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/20-m/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ..I would definitely explore your blog.

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely idea to make tea coasters.
    And to imbue them with meaning, perhaps they could be used like a divination tool. Pick a coaster for the day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammie...for such a lovely words n use of my idea.

      Delete
  7. I think this is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete