Monday 2 April 2012

Warli Krishna Series3

As I have mentioned in two of my last posts about the bulk order of cushion covers on which I was working. I have recently finished with it. The last month was totally dedicated to the themes requested by Rakhi for those cushion covers. Few of them had a theme Warli Krishna. Rakhi has got her home decor accessories and furniture shop called Spinning Wheel in Whitefield, Bangalore. Each stuff in her shop has got elegant, ethnic, traditional Indian elegance and unique feature on its own. I will post in detail about it soon :).
Today I am posting one of the cushion cover which I have painted with my lil warli Krishna :)



When I started with it I was totally clue less about how do I showcase my krishna on it?..... But as it progressed, I was totally in love with my ....Jhula jhule Nandlaala....Radhe Sang jhula jhule Nandlaala...:) 
At one side of cushion cover, warli Radha Krishna are celebrating the silence with nature. Where as the  other side has, warli Gopikas celebrating the tarpa dance with sound. It has got deadly combo of celebration with silence and sound :).
I have used stones for Krishna's morpankh and beads for Gopikas tarpa sticks.
I will post some more hand painted cushion covers with different themes soon.
I am linking it to Weekly stories of Colours Dekor, Paint Party Friday and ABC Wednesday: K is for Kinks.

24 comments:

  1. Hello.
    These are beautiful. You are very creative. Thanks for sharing.

    Kisses From A Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very talented artist! Lovely
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!!!! JUST LOVED IT!!!!
    Congratulations and Best Wishes...Let more orders flow :)
    The Radha Krishna...the dance and the silence & sound... everything's so nice.Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Deepa..U comments are always been inspiring to me :) Thank u for the wishes also :)

      Delete
  4. Your painting style is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a gorgeous cushion cover!! wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cushion covers...the color combination is fab.

    Visit Dora's Unique Touch
    http://chandradey.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Aparna..very well done! Varli has beautiful depictions, love this one! It is not common to Varli! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Appu re, I am just amazed...

    I just love this cushion cover... It has got a great color combination, composition... and it depicts a beautiful love story :-) I don't have words...

    Will you make one for me, too?

    Ruchi :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Ruchi...:) Ruchi re ur comments are always motivating for me :) no matter my painting work or my personal pics :) thanks again...I would like to do something like this for u always :)

      Delete
  9. nice post you have It's very nice. your article fanttastic. thanks in informahie.thank you from wooden furniture manufacturers in bangsalore

    furnishing shop in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome work!!...Your drawing served as an inspiration to my drawing...Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Appu re, you should make this again. It was lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure have a new idea about the same with different media n mode of use. let us see when to execute.

      Delete