Thursday 22 December 2011

Warli wall in my house



There was a free space available near the crockery unit in my house. I thought of decorating it with my paintings. All of them have Tarpa dance in common.  

About Tarpa dance/ nritya
It is traditional festival warli dance. The dance performances are usually done on moonlit nights. With the musical accompaniment of a wind instrument named Tarpa, the dancers encircle the ‘Tarpakar’ and they dance past mid night. The dance performed by the villagers is a true mirror to their unity and coordination. All the participants join hands and swing in circles while singing themselves.



I have purposely kept irregular, maroon color fabric boarder, which give sort of natural effect to the side paitings. Painting is done on wood, fabric with acrylic colors.

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh.. Love how you've taken the pain to explain in detail.. I totally love Warli.. but am not as good as you... You rock!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey u r the great Patricia..I am just fan of your blog...and your posts..:)..thank you for all your love..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aparna,

    Just came by your blog. Its absolutely amazing.Pls visit my page Ruby's Palette on FB. Would love to hear your comments.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete